Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
127 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Have pressure in right ear, feel woozy and head spins while waking up. Treatment?

pressure in right ear off and on for a year. now starting to make me woozy and feels as if I am on board a boat. does not seem to affect me when I am walking but when I awaken in the morning I am careful to rise slowly as my head spins for 3 or 4 seconds until I am actually up. Then it stops. Have used homeopathic and allopathic, been to 3 ENT s but am skeptical about allopathic as I do not understand how a spray can heal the euthasian tube.
Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics ,  
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding pressure in your right ear and feeling of unstudiness or dizziness when you wake up in morning. Your symptoms indicates that you are having blocked eustachian tube and associated vestibular disorder.

To manage this you are advice for-
(1) Audiometery - ( Pure tone & Impedance ).
(2) Culture and sensitivity of nasal discharge.
(3) C.T.scan of paranasal siuses.
(4) Blood- CBC, blood sugar- F. & P.P.

after this tharough examination f your ear , nose and throat and co-relation with investigation reports one can reach to correct diagnosis which can accordingly be managed.

With Regards.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I m having a discomfort in my right ear. Feels like swimmers ear. ENT did not see any issue upon examination. Then went to inetern an said it was...

Recent questions on  Homeopathy

doctor1 MD

Hi I am 66 years old and since last one and half month say approx 40 to 45 days i am having foreskin problem and before that i didnot had any...

doctor1 MD

I am married an 1.6 years ago, I am still not able to insert my pennis into my wifes vagina, I am very much worried and also consulted homeopathy...

doctor1 MD

Hello Sir, My wife 44 years old. She got a cytika pain in her right leg (below knee, thigh) since last three weeks. She is continuously taking...

doctor1 MD

Hello. I am a 23 year old Caucasian male. I am slightly concerned about an apparent (though not severe) skin condition on my penis. Just below the...

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr I have diabetes and cholesterol Gerd and ibs Urethal stenosis. I pass slow urine or sometimes it gets blocked. Sometimes it is normal. Dr...

doctor1 MD

Good evening doctor, am 39 yr old female, I hv scalp psoriasis and in body...I was prescribed CSAC6 ointment + dipnate...the lessions however don't...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I have hypothyroidism and was taking Thyrox 100 and went for routine test last month. Tsh was found in normal range and around same...