Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have plantar fasciitis. Have lump on hamstring, not sore or painful. Any action to be taken?

Good morning. I am a practicing Osteopath in the UK and have seen a 10 year old boy presenting with bilateral foot pain which I have diagnosed as Plantar fasciitis - pain is only ever mild and is only ever felt for a short time after sport. However on his last visit his Mother highlighted a lump on his hamstring . On examination this was also bilateral and only evident when the hamstring was engaged in the first 20 degrees of knee flexion . The lump was the size of a golf ball and was over the distal aspect of the medial hamstring. On palpation no obvious lump could be felt and the muscle felt normal . Also the area is not painful or sore at any time. I don t feel it s serious and considered it to be an abnormal development of the muscle. However, I m checking to see if there is anything else I should be considering or any other action I should be taking. Thank you for your help
Tue, 1 Apr 2014
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Your assessment sounds reasonable based on your clinical findings and the bilaterally of the condition however I would be extremely cautious in this age group with any soft tissue mass and so I would always recommend investigation with ultrasound and or and MRI scan.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor