Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have pinched nerve. Feeling pain on upper chest. EKG and a stress test done. Should I go for neurologist advice?

My PCP told me that I have a pinched nerve. Now, I ve been feeling this pin prick pain on the upper left part of my chest . It will come and go. I had an EKG and a stress test last March. Everything came back normal. My PCP requested to see a neurologist but the insurance denied it. What could this be? What should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  196
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, if heart work-up is normal, your description fits neuralgic pain, and as advised it is better to see a neurologist.

simple pain killers do not solve the problem.
Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor