Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have pin worms, tape worm or round worm. What can help me?

I have pinworms and tape worm or round worm I know I have pin worm and there s another kind of worm when it comes out it s about 2 1/2 inches long and slimy and green looking is there a suppository or a procedure like a colonoscopy that can be preformed I have taken several medications for it and I am losing my mind I have had hysterical crying fits and I m almost 20 years old male. I am clean I shower and change bedding constantly. Please help..
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Oncologist 's  Response
Mild pinworm infection, or an infection with no symptoms, may not need treatment.
If treatment is needed, your doctor may prescribe medication to all members of your household to prevent infection and reinfection.
The most common prescription anti-parasite medications for pinworms are Mebendazole and Albendazole.
You may have mild gastrointestinal side effects during the course of treatment, and you often need to take at least two doses to get rid of the pinworms completely.

Regards and take care

Answered: Tue, 10 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor