Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Have pimple like thing on private areas, reddish, painful. Is it ok to use dettol to clean those bumps?


i have this pimple like thing on my private areas. one of them looks a lil reddish and is painful, the other one is just a bump and doesnt hurt, it appeared a few days ago after i shaved my privates. i was wondering of it is ok to use dettol to clean those bumps? or are there anything that i can get over the counter?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
You are having boils or furuncle. It is a bacterial infection of your hair follicle brought on by shaving.
You can clean it with dettol after diluting it. A topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2% can be applied thrice a day. You can also do warm compresses for pain relief.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum .
thank you for your query .
it may be viral or bacterial infection
you must not press,pick or rub the lesion
it is better to consult dermatologist as early as possible
it look likw wart infection
you should avoid sexual contact .
better to use condom .
certain blood test will help doctor to reach the diagnosis .
i hope i answered your query .
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor