Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have phimosis, tight foreskin, pain during penis erection. Take betamethasone?

i am 23 years old male. i suppose i have phimosis , because i cannot pull down the foreskin of my penis , even in the flacid condition. However, i have good amount of foreskin. Its just that the hole of the skin is too small to pull the foreskin down. Till the age of 12 or 13, i remember that i comfortably pulled down the foreskin during bath (in flacid state) to clean the complete head of penis. But i left this hygenic habit after the age of 12 or 13. Also i never masturbated by the traditional method of pulling the penis up and down. Means that i never required to pull down the foreskin for masturbation. I used other methods of masturbation. So ultimately, from the age of 12 or 13, i have never pulled down the foreskin of my penis. Now from last few months i have started having pain in the penis while erection and ejaculation . The pain is intense for a moment when ejecting the semen in first throw. After the first throw of semen there is no pain. Also i do not have any pain while urinating. I went to my family doctor, who is a physician, MD (medicine). He told me that the pain is due to phimosis only. And he told me that it should be operated by circumsion. Now, i have researched a lot on this on internet in past few days. I want to ask whether in my case, can phimosis be cured by manual streching of foreskin, slowly & steadily ? And is it advisable to apply any creams like .05% betamethasone ? Do these creams have any side effects ? Or should i just try manual streching regularly, without using any cream ? I want to keep circumsion as the last option only, as i dont want to loose my foreskin.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Phimosis since almost 10 years.
You do not want to get circumcised and want to try it yourself by stretching it regularly. This will create multiple injuries followed by fibrosis which will result in foreskin getting hard and more and more difficult to get it retracted.
The only option now is what you think as last option of getting circumcised .
Answered: Thu, 28 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor