Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Have peasized lump under ear, tired, will do colposcopy

I have discovered a small lump just underneath my right ear, about the size of a pea, I thought it may be a swollen gland but im not ill and have nothing on the other side, im also tired all the time. im a 42 year old female, at the moment I am waiting to go to the colposcopy clinic for treatment which im assured is no big deal. I found this lump 3 days ago but don't want to seem like im paranoid and waste my doctors time
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
A lump underneath the ear could mean a lot of things, most commonly an enlarged lymph node or a lipoma (collection of fat globules). Best option for you to do is get it checked out by a surgeon to see what it is. And maybe even to do a Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology/Biopsy to find out the exact nature of the lump. Then to decide whats needs to be done next.
Better get it checked out rather than ignoring the lump or worrying about it.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor