Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Have pea shaped boil under skin. Red and warm. What can it be really?

I have a pea shaped boil/tender ball under my skin it does pert rude outwards enough to notice that the area I m showing has a bump. It is a slightly red and slightly warm. I noticed it about 4 days ago. It is also occurred on top of a birth mark. That spot is where I normal Chaffee so I thought it was a boil but I m now concerned
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for writing here.

It seems you are having boil which is a bacterial infection.Do not try to squeeze it out.Keep area dry and clean.Apply a dry gauze dressing over it so that it can become localised and pus will drain out.You need to take oral antiboitics like cephalexin for 5 days along with NSAIDS.

Hope this will help you.Take care.
Answered: Mon, 7 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor