Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have pcod, missed period, took duphaston, regularised, stopped. Getting longer periods. Reason?

i got married on feb 24 in 2012.after 3 months i got missed my period i went to doctor he did usc and said u have pcod right ovary37x20 and left ovary 38x24 with small calcification and doctor suggested me duphastan for six months and i used for for 4 months i got regulised my periods so i stopped duphastan and again from last 2 months i am getting my periods and they r continueing for 10 days
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

PCOS is diagnosed if two of the following are present: (1) irregular or delayed periods (2) symptoms and indication on blood tests of increased levels of male hormones called androgens (3) cysts on the ovaries detected on ultrasound

IT can be associated with difficulty conceiving.

There are treatment options to help. (1) lifestyle changes to cause weight loss if there is excess weight helps improve the chance of conception
(2) metformin
(3) there is medication that can be used to help with the release of 'eggs' from the ovaries. The first one used is clomiphene.

If the above is not effective there are other treatment options available
I hope this helps
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor