Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Have painful stomach cramps after C-Section. All tests fine. Cure?

good morning doctor. ever since my c-section 4 years I have been suffering from persistent very painful stomache cramps . they are so painful that I cannot sleep and continue for several weeks. I have gone to my gynae doctor and she s done numerous tests on my uterus and ovaries but all is fine. she cannot explain the reason for this pain. I also had ultrasound tests but also everything is fine. What is the cause of my pain and how can I cure it completely?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
After any surgery over the abdomen,there is chance of adhesions formation inside.
The bowels or fat(Omentum) will get attached to the inner part of the scar inside the abdomen and there will be pain when these structures move or get pulled.
If the adhesions are dense ,the abdomen will get distended followed by vomiting and constipation.
If these are not present,then cramps may be due to mild adhesions.
Please take smooth muscle relaxant like Dicyclomine during pain.
Nothing to worry.
If the symptoms still persist,go for CT scan abdomen.
Wish you good health
Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Every abdominal surgery leaves some adhesions inside the abdominal cavity. Some adhesion wont cause any problem, however others can impede bowels movements and cause partial bowels obstruction.

Other possibility is that during the C-section some endometrium cells were left outside the uterine in the abdominal cavity. It can be a reason of endometriosis and give abdominal pains which do aggravate with menses.

You should also have your scar checked to rule out hernia in this location.

Abdominal ultrasound wont visualize partial bowels obstruction. I suggest you to visit gastroenterologist, have abdominal CT with oral contrast (enteroclysis). If this test will also be negative, diagnostic laparoscopy should be considered.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor