Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Have painful sore on tongue like hanging skin. Treatment?

Hi, this afternoon I notice something sore was going on in mouth. When I went home I looked in the mirror to see if I had any pumps but I ended up seeing a small piece of my tongue hanging. It almost looks like a sore but every time I attempt to eat or talk I can feel that hanging skin and it hurts. Can you tell me what this can be and is there any treatment that I ll need for this issue?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  578
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM,

Any lump in any area of the oral cavity or pharynx should be examined and evaluated properly though in most of the cases it will be a harmless benign lesion but better to be safe than sorry

Consult your ENT and also your dentist as soon as possible to be sure


Dr Sriram Nathan
ps: You need to undergo the following:
1. Complete physical examination of the oral cavity
2. Upper GI endoscopy to rule out any lesion or any other lump and also to photo document the said lump
3. Imaging study like the CT to delinieate the lump better
4. FNAC or Biopsy to confirm the nature of the lump
Answered: Wed, 14 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor