Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Have painful, itchy lump on cheek. Had fell down from steps. Treatment?

I fell down my steps one week and a half ago. I literally slid down on my backside about 5 hardwood steps. I have a huge dark bruise that is slowly going away, but the problem is an enormous painful lump at the top of my left cheek that simply will not go away. A little of the initial swelling has gone down, but this bump (feels like a baseball buried under my skin) hurts a lot under pressure and doesn t seem to be diminishing. Also, the skin on top itches a lot. What is it and how do I get rid of it?? ... please don t tell me I have to go to the doctor. I just moved back to the country and have no health insurance yet and can t afford to pay out of pocket. I really need to find some way to cure this at home.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi..thanks for your query.
The first thing that anyone would like to rule out in such a case is a fracture of the underlying bones.But, this unfortunately is not possible till you visit a doctor.
You can start with oral anti inflammatory /analgesic medication.This should be available OTC in most countries.You can take it for 2-3 days and see how much of a reduction in the swelling you have.If persistent, it is definitely required to rule out any underlying injury.Do not massage or touch the concerned area at all.
hope this helps.Take care!
Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor