Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have painful cuts on the inside of foreskin. Had yeast infection. Applied hydrocortisone, clotrimazole. Bacterial infection?

I have 3 very painful cuts on the inside of my foreskin . I am 26 and a diabetic and have been through a yeast infection before. I had a yeast infection that I though was healed and had unprotected with my girlfriend. I noticed almost an immediate rip when inside of her but was able to keep going. The next day I woke up to a very sore, swollen foreskin. I am able to retract the skin unless I am in the shower or trying to clean it with water (due to the sharp pain near the cuts). They started out raised and are now flat and look almost like an opened blister (no puss comes out at all). you can just see the fresh red skin. Insterted to take an anti biotic for a possible bacterial infection because the hydrocortisone 1% and clotrimazole cream that I switched using every time I cleaned was not working. Here I am, day 3 of anti biotic (5day cycle) and still switching up creams after cleaning and the cuts are still there and VERY VERY painful at times. I ve tried wearing loose clothing down there to avoid contact but sometimes it doesn t help. I have a urologist appointment Friday. Am I doing something wrong? I started leaving the foreskin back when I first noticed the cuts but it got harder, I now barley pull it back because its hard to keep it back. When I put the cream on I am pulling the foreskin up to get to the cuts and then leaving it (as it normal sits). The cuts are only around the tight ring that normally tightens with a yeast infection. Can someone tell me if I m doing something wrong with the cleaning? I was using cold water - no soap - now using warm water - no soap. Oh another thing, I did use scented soap the first two days then stopped - maybe the cuts are reacting to that? I just want them to heal already - I haven t been with another person in months, besides my gf. I don t think it s an STD but I m not sure - can someone help me out here?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  416
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You are suffering from balanopostitis and the cause of infection could be mixed yeast and bacterial infection.
I think your biggest mistake is using of a steroid like hydrocortisone along with the clotrimazole.
Treatment involves...
Gentle washing of glans with ordinary tap water,proper and gentle drying of glans and totally avoiding soap.
Application of anti fungal and anti biotic cream and totally avoiding local steroids.
Meticulous control of blood sugar.
If you get repeated and recurrent attacks of balanopostitis,get the circumcision done for permanent cure.
Answered: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Gopal Krishnam Raju's  Response
take cefpodoxime 200mg twice daily 5days + fluconazole 150mg once/week (3weeks) u will be ok
Answered: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor