Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have pain, red bruise with knot, after hip injury. No relief with pain killers. What to do?

i was coming up onto my porch yesterday and hit my hip on the corner of the wooden handrail. Today I have a red area that is starting to bruise and it now has a knot in it. What can I do to help with the pain. I already take a NSAID for my back and it isn't touched the pain in my hip. It even hurts to sit down, stand back up after sitting, or laying down. Rest is not much of an option due to the fact that I have a two year old.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
good day friend,
,You probably did not have a fracture, my friend.You probably have a severe bruise and contusion and will not worsen your condition with any movement. It will heal with time and does not need an x-ray or antibiotics. Likely unless the red area spread he did not have an infection from the splinter either. I would not recommend you getting or borrowing anybody's medication or narcotics either, because this pain will improve with time and you do not want to get addicted to narcotic substances. cheers
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor