Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have pain in the knee. Had a injury earlier. What to do?

I had injured my knee two months ago they did an Mri the Dr said it was mainly a bruised bone and possible slight menisicus tear but he referred me to physical therapy and not operating at this point this was 2 days ago now at work i felt a sharp pain and now have a large sac of fluid on top of my knee cap what should i do
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, your sharp pain and fluid collection (effusion) could be due to the extension of the previous slight tear in your meniscus. An unnoticed twist of your knee while working might have initiated this. Momentarily you can apply ice compressions along with antiinflammatory medications and rest to alleviate your pain. I suggest you to visit an orthopedic surgeon for further evaluation. Good luck
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor