Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Have pain in the back, shoulders. Advised for neck surgery. What type of doctor to visit?

I was injured at my work doing repeated motions, My right side of the back is very muscular and giving me a great deal of pain ( i'm right handed.) the shoulder blade area is what is giving me the most grief but the doctors I have been referred to want to do neck surgery. What type of doctor do I look for that deals with middle of the back.

Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Since there has been an injury, the pain is likely to be related to a spine problem. An MRI scan will help in detecting the extent of injury you have suffered. You can consult a neurosurgeon for the same.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Write your answer here
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi's  Response
for neck surgery you can visit spine surgeon
have you done MRI OF you spine
first confirm that really surgery is needed for your problem
when did you injured most
what is you age?
are you a sports person?
pain is there for whole time or only on movement or exertion
any redness, swelling in painful area
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

There are two specialists:
1- Orthopaedician / Start with detailed examination / MRI spine will be necessary
2- Neurologist / they can assess Individual muscle or nerve! / Nerve Conduction studiers and/or Electromyography may be necessary...
In the interim period, Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs and muscle relaxants may help

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor