Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Have pain in right temples. Applying pressure elevates pain. Cause and cure?

hello im 48 male healthy, experience throbbing pains in my right temple most days, often a dull ache, but peaks most days to make me stop what im doing..! The pain has come and gone for years, but now seems more regular and heightened. My GP has advised plenty fluids, more sleep, but still the throbbing pulse remains. When pressing on the scull above the temple [the hair reseeding points..] there is movement under the skin and an audible clicking of bone or cartilage is apparent. Applying soft pressure to this area, does alleviate the pain.... Can you advise on what this could be please..???
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
As pain is in the local area ( fixed site) so may be due to chondritis in temporal bone,
Tension ( stress related)
May be due to sinus problems .
The most important reason may be a tooth ( teeth ) pain due to dental caries .
Last reason may be a disease in brain so for get in M R I to rule out any involvement of brain.
Consult one more physician and get his opinion.
Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 20 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor