Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Have pain in knee. Had two knee surgeries earlier. Should it be checked?

My husband had two different surgeries done on his knee after a basketball injury many years ago. Just recently he hurt his knee after running. The knee was at a level ten pain so he started to wear a brace to help it. The pain from his knee worked down to the calf and then into his ankle. His calf and ankle are very swollen. We would like to know if he should go in and get it checked out
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.
It looks from your details that your husband is suffering from swelling in his leg.

In his case this swelling can be due to following reason-

-Due to muscle strain at calf.

-Due to DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS(which should be attend earliestly by investigations like DOPPLAR).

-Due to any general disorder like thyroid problem,high blood pressure ,etc.

He should get investigated from a doctor earliestly.
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor