Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have pain in foot and ankle. Have to stand for a long time. What can be the remedy for this?

I have ankle and foot pain. I have a ball underneath the skin in middle of the bottom of my foot but when I put pressure on it it seems to feel better kind of like a knotted muscle in the back. and also on the side of my foot. It is like my foot is out of aliagiment. Im am 50 year old white female and have been bold legged all of my life the bone in my shin is curved could that be causing problems with my foot. I am also a bartender and am on my feet at 10 hours a day 5 nights a week. It is causing me to hobble around which is causing my shin to hurt. Can you suggest a certain kind of shoe or brace or something to help me? I am planning to see a doctor but have to wait until my insurance kicks in.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi..thanks for writing to HCM..
you have pain in the foot, which increases on standing..
you could be having plantar fascitis/calcaneal spur..
you need to put on analgesic tablets and gel, physiotherapy, exercise for weight reduction and smooth pad for the foot..
see your orthopedician for this..
all the best,
Answered: Mon, 8 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor