Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have pain in elbow. Had fluid drained, and pain worsened. Taken injection, pain killers. What to do?

I had fluild drained from my elbow yesturday. I did not sleep much last night due to pain in the elbow. I also received a injection in my sholder
The pain was bad before I had it drained but it is getting worst. I have iced it an talen otc pain medicine but it only works for a few minutes. What can I do? Do I need to call my doctor back?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Depending on the cause of synovitis( joint effusion) , treatment is given. In your case ,some pwerful pain management may be needed (opioid and non-opioid analgesics) along with treatment of specific pathology and diagnosis ,so call your treating doc to evaluate and examine physically.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor