Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Have pain in coccyx. How should I diagonise?

Hello, doctor, this is Vanness. I m wondering if I had a broken/dislocated/bruised coccyx since half a year ago. Every time after I sit on a hard surface for more than an hour, I can feel the pain from the area around the coccyx. Still I m able to run, stand, simply walk or jump as much as I wish. Could you please tell me what s wrong with my coccyx? How should I diagnosis it? What can I do?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello Vanness,

Thanks for posting your query

You are suffering from coccydynia.

You had injury over your coccyx half a year ago.

You need a x-ray to see any fracture, arthritic changes.

You have to sit on soft cushion, to take sitz bath & visit an orthopaedic surgeon for exam & treatment plan acc. to that.

Answered: Tue, 18 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor