Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have pain in chest on crossing left arm onto right shoulder. Am a smoker. Recommendations?

Im not sure which doctor to ask or who to ask, but instead of booking a doctors appointment i was wondering if you could give me an answer on this please? Im a smoker and im concerned about these chest pains, its not as bad as it sounds though. Im only 19, almost 20 smoked for about 5 years though =( When i wake up in the mornings its worst, it never hurts when i breathe, cough , sneeze or anything to do with breathing . Its doesn t just hurt if im standing still, it only hurts when i cross my left arm across my body and put my hand over my right shoulder . Its not a sharp pain. It feels more of a blunt pain like a muscle pain. This pain might go away for 2 days or even a month and then come back for a couple weeks. This pain has been with me for about a year. Im a Baker and have been working since i was 15 ( 5 days a week) i lift heavy flour bags and ingredient bags regularly but thats about it. I was thinking hard today about what could have caused this about a year ago, I went to the gym a couple times and lifted weights but then gave up due to no free time for gym. I lifted weights for about a week or two and its hurts ever since. I cant remember if it hurt the way after gym or a week after or even a month after. It was just around that time it started hurting. Im hoping its a muscle pain, but i did nt think they would last this long. Is it bad if this hasnt healed? Is this a problem if it is a muscle pain and its never had a chance to heal? I even had two months off work for a long holiday and it hurt again a week or two before i even returned to work? Should i see a doctor? All i want to know is that its not life threatening. =/ Thanks, i appreciate your time for reading . Jason :)
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
going through your query,first thing you need to do is get an ECG done,so this will rule out any cardiac problem,as you have been a chain smoker.this should be ruled out first
Answered: Sat, 17 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor