Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Have pain and gas in stomach. Had colonoscopy done. Have divirculitus, diabities. What is the remedy?

I was diagnosed after a colonoscopy a couple months ago with divirculitus . Over the past month I have had alot of gas and pain in my stomach which has gotten worse of late. I also have diabities. the last few month i have been working hard. the colonoscopy had a palets that were binine anr removed and something that looked like body fat that I still need to get a cat scan on. the last couple days the pain and gas have gotten worse

Is this a sign that needs medical treatment before I see my doctor tuesday?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thank you for your querry.
It doesnt sound to me like something serious. If you experience more intensive pain with vomiting or fever or notice blood in stool you should go to hospial. if not, just eat light food, water and teas. Avoid food which makes you bloaty,alcohol,carbonated drinks and fats. It can be diverticulitis again if you feel pain i lower right or left parts of stomach. in this case antibiotica treatment should be started. I think that nothing bad can happen till tuesday. Colon perforation is very rare and you would feel enormous pain.
WIsh you good health.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor