Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Have pain and blister like eruption in vaginal area. Is it herpes?

Hi, I recently had some pain in my vaginal area and wondered what it could be. I did a personal check to see whether or not I just had a typical rash . However I noticed a small blister-like erruption near the back of my vagina on the inside of the labia . I m just scared that it might be herpes , and I ve only been sexual with one other person who is also a virign and we use protection every time. Is it possible that it s herpes?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Genital herpes presents with initial redness and discomfort which evolves into a painful blister rash.These then become open painful ulcer lesions.

The acute rash can be treated by if you are infected with herpes, the virus remains in the system and the rash can recur.
If your partner has no previous sexual history it is unlikely that it is herpes however you may want to consider visiting your doctor for an evaluation to confirm this.

Blister type rashes can also potentially occur due to irritation of the vaginal area by soaps/lotions/creams or other chemical. This would be likely if the rash is also itchy.

It would be best to visit your doctor for an assessment.

I hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor