Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Have not had a menstrual period, not pregnant. Get myself tested?

i Have not had a menstural peiod since December,I m 34 yrs old and I m not pregnant. I ve gained about 8 lbs in the last six months. I saw a doctor and he recommended i take Progesteron for 7 days to start bleeding . I know that will get me to mensturate but there must be an underlying problem, do you recommend any other testing? I believe I have PCOS is there a way to test for this or a cure
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
i also think that you are having PCOS. so, first it is to be cleared that whatever the underlying disease is, you must have to tke Progesterone to start menstruation. but after that it will be cleared that you have hormonal problem. then do an usg OF WHOLE ABDOMEN and if you have any pcos you will get to know that.
Answered: Sun, 19 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor