Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Have non ulcerated, non mitogenic malignant melanoma. How serious is it?

Husband dx malignant melanoma , Clark s level II; Breslows thickness 0.5mm, non-ulcerated, non-mitogenic, atypical melanocytic proliferation. Shave biopsy , as the derm did not think it was much concern. Radial growth phase is present. Vertical not present, small specimen. Appears to have partial dermal regression. How serious is this, recommended return for re-excision with appropriate surgical margins.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
Malignant melanoma is notorious for its tendency to recur and high chance of systemic failure. As your case is concerned most likely has not got that high grade of invasion. again total surgical clearance must be done . negative surgical margin you must have to secure. please consult your surgeon.
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor