Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Have neck, lower back pain, taking cap , no relief. How to get cured?

I have had neck and mid and lower back pain since 1999. I have seen several doctors. Chiropractors, massage therapists , physical therapists, and anesthesiologist who do steroid injections. But pain doctors just don t see it. It hurts most on my right side but left does hurt some. My current chiropractor took X-rays after not seeing a chiropractor in a month because too busy. My left pelvis was turned in compensating for right lie back pain. My thoracic and cervical was curved right to left and my neck did not have a curve in it from the side but looked like I had it fused. My Pain doctors are so concerned about getting me off medications but are not offering any help??? I had an MRI on lumbar area and received steroid injection on 1/29/13 but now still hurts if not see chiropractor weekly if not twice weekly. I am a nurse and I can not see the light at the end of the tunnel. There are some days I can t even get out if bed cause I just don t want to paint on the happy face. The injection felt great for first day then helped for about 2 months but now the low back hurts and I am trying to get MRI of neck for right arm shoulder and neck pain . I did physical therapy for 4 weeks but was not able to do anything but minimal stretching between sessions then my pain was so bad that all they did was sonography with hydrocortisone that felt good for 2 days. I am desperate please help. The pain dr always has me squeeze her fingers and stuff like that. Well I can t open a jar with right hand. Nor drive with right arm. I can t even shower or dry my hair on most days!!! Housework has been nonexistent since 2004. I just gave up the pain dr gives me flexeril 3 times per day Celebrex 200 daily lortab 7.5 twice daily. Please help. Any suggestions???
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello ,

thanks for writing to us
The cause of frequent problem -this kind of pain is due to compression of nerve because of spinal disc bulge. Nerve compression lead to radiating pain, which aggravated on long time sitting in same particular position.

Another differential is you might be having rheumatoid arthritis.
Do MRI cervical spine ,there might be nerve compression.

You will get relief after decompression surgery.
you may need methylcobalamine , muscle relaxant with analgesic

take rest , , hot or cold fomentation
avoid lifting weights

physiotherapy - SWD ,IFT WILL HELP

for further query contact my profile directly.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor