Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have nausea, constipation, smelly urine, weight gain, delayed periods, exhausted. Pregnancy test done

I have been feeling unwell for a couple of weeks, nausea, constipation and my urine smells strong. In the last week, I've blown up like a balloon, I look about 6/7 months pregnant. Although my period is now 5 days late, 2 pregnancy tests say negative, I'm exchausted and so uncomfortable, I seem to get bigger as the day goes on, and can't face the sight of food, I can't see my go for a week and am now very concerned, thankyou.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

I have gone through your query, and although I am greatful for the elaborate explanation of your condition, you have failed to mention the most basic information; namely: your age.

Your symptoms could be related to menopause, if you belong to the age group approaching menopause, as these could easily be associated with menopausal symptoms.

But if you do not belong to that particular age group, then the possibilities are two:
-Pregnancy: Which you have tried to rule out. I would just like to shed some light on the technique here. Many women do not test positive for a home pregnancy test even 3-4 months into their pregnancy, which is why I would recommend you repeat this test 2-3 more times (please bare with me). This test should be conducted at least 2 weeks after the suspected date of conception (i.e. last sexual contact). This time, with an early morning urine sample, which would yield a most accurate result. A repeat test with a 2-3 day gap, done 2-3 times will surely give you a confirmation on your pregnancy status

-Once pregnancy is ruled out, we will have to assume infections to be the cause for this. As your symptom of having a smelly urine could match this, although you have not mentioned other most common symptoms of an infection like:
-Burning sensation while urinating
-Frequent urination
-Increased urge to urinate, but less amount of urine passed
-Lower abdominal and/or flank region pain
-Itching around the genitals
-Blood in urine or immediately after (not always seen)
Although, not all need to be present.

To rule out infections or diagnose them, you would have to provide your urine sample for testing, probably along with a vaginal swab test to be analysed in the laboratory.

Do not worry, the cause for your presentation is one of the above mentioned conditions. Go about my instructions, and we shall diagnose your problem for sure. You could write back to me with more information or test results and I shall guide you thereafter; or you could visit your doctor with the reports. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: . I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 1 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor