Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have mouth ulcer, ear infection. Have difficulty in moving the face. What to do?

Last Friday I had an ulcer on my tounge. It has not fully healed. I applied an over the counter med for pain. 3 days ago I started feeling like I had a right ear infection. It's not the worst pain just noticeable. Then yesterday I noticed that the right side of my face has become hard to move and my eye is hard to shut. Feels like there are no muscles in the right side of my face.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
as far as the symptoms you have mentioned you seems to have developed weekness of the nerve involving your face which might have followed an ulcer in the mouth. if there are symptoms of difficulty in closure of eye and difficulty in swallowing and loss of facial expression and water dribbling from the angle of the mouth you need to start tab neurobion two times a day along with tab prednisolone 10 mg 2tab three times a day for three days and then gradually reducing the dosage every three day to a total of two weeks times and also you need to do exercises to open and close your eyes 40 to 50 times and avoid exposure to sun to avoid infection in the eye and massage for the muscles of the face on the affected side
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor