Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Have mono with increased yellow blood tinged vaginal discharge. Sexually transmitted?

I was diagnosed with mono this week but have been feeling the symptoms for probably 2 or 3 weeks now, along with more than normal vaginal discharge that is also tinted a yellowish color and sometimes blood tinged, is this related to the mono? Also, when can I kiss someone again? Can it be transmitted through sex(we use condoms) or oral sex?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Mono may sometimes cause drop in immunity which might have allowed another infection to enter the body. Because of this infection, you might be having the symptoms that you are having now.

Mono is so easily transmitted by kissing that it is called the kissing disease. Also, it can be spread via oral sex and regular sex even with condoms on though the chance of it spreading with proper condom use is less.

I hope this helps.

Dr Vineet
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor