Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have mole below ribcage, sore to touch. Need help

Hi I am a 24 year old female with one son who is soon turning 2, my question today is: I have a light/medium brown mole on my right side above my pelvis but below my ribcage, recently I discovered the mole is very sore to touch, it has a dark dot (almost black) about size of a pin head raised above the rest of the mole and under the mole could be a slight hard lump but hard to tell. After playing around and examining it the area on my right side starts to ache causing it to be uncomfortable. I had my moles checked last year but what does it mean if the mole is very sore (feels bruised but with no bruise visible). thank-you
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi dear, pain or bleeding in a mole may be an alarming condition. u must see a dermatologist soon and get a biopsy done. dont ignore this and must get a biopsy as this can be malignant melanoma which is a dangerous condition.
Answered: Sat, 29 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor