Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have mild fever with loss of appetite. Feeling cold and shaky. Should I consult a doctor?

my husband has been having chills with uncontrollable shaking and then he finally stops and goes between chills and then gets very hot...not to the touch, but says he feels like he is burning up inside. He has a fever from time to time, but not high. Some vomiting and no appetite . He s been like this since Friday night. He is fighting me on going to the ER, but will go if some medical person says it may be the flu . He is 63 years old.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

With history you have given ,he is having fever with chills and rigors,which is intermittent hence he is normal in between.

This may be due to Malaria or viral fever or any infection in side body like Viral Hepatitis , so he must consult a Physician and after proper examination if required investigations may be performed and once diagnosis is made he may be treated accordingly.

In the mean time he can take a paracetamol tab to keep fever down and even cold sponging may be done to give him comfort.

He should take liquids and keep him well hydrated .

Please take care

Good Luck

Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor