Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Have lump under skin half way down throat. Squeezing it caused a mark. Remedy?

Hi there, i have had a pea size lump under the skin, half-way down my throat . It has been there for about a week now. Two days ago i squeezed it, and it seemed to just collapse. Then this morning i awoke to find a love-bite type of mark/ bruising where the lump was, and the lump seems to have returned, only smaller in size. Any ideas please ?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
HI, Thanks for posting your query

You seem to have a boil. Avoid squeezing it as it may lead to increase in size and collection of pus and aggravate the condition.
You may take a course of oral anibiotic and local mupirocin cream
A pain killer if there is associated pain

If it increases in size or tender then you may visit a doctor for appropriate management

Hope this solves your query
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor