Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Have lump on scrotum. No medication till now. What is the cure for this?

hi over the past couple of weeks i have noticed a small hard lump on my scrotum, it wasn't sore at first until i squeezed it, it is about a couple of mm in size just under the skin, not on the testical, it feels like a small sharp stone, the skin around it was just red but recently it became slightly inflamed,puffy and flakey.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed what is called as Sebaceous Cyst.
Srotal skin is rich in sebaceous glands hence is more prone to get sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.'
Normally it does not require treatment as it fades away of its own ,but needs to be treated if gets infected or increase in size.
Please consult Qualified general surgeon for clinical assessment if needed he may excise it in Toto under local anaesthesia.
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor