Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Have lump on left mastoid bone. No fever. Pain on heels. Had multiple Myoma. Advice?

Good evening. I also have a hard bump on my left mastoid bone. I don't have fever but it has been 3 months now that I feel pain on my heels. Every time I stand up, I could hardly walk. I think it is my uric acid increasing level because I also feel the same on my fingers. I have not gone to a doctor yet. I am so worried if there is something wrong with my bones. I also think that I might have problem with my nerves or muscles. About 4 years ago i was diagnosed with multiple myoma but at that time the doctor found it so small that did not qualify for any surgical operation. I have not gone to a doctor yet because I am scared. Please help me. I would appreciate for any advice you could give. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi! Welcome to HCM and thank you for your question. Your symptoms are consistent with the progression of your multiple myeloma. This disease involves the accumulation of plasma cells (white blood cells that produce antibodies) in bone marrow and causes bone lesions. I am strongly suggesting that you see your doctor as soon as possible so that he/she can determine how far your multiple myeloma has progressed since diagnosis so an appropriate plan of management can be initiated. Feeling scared is very natural, but what is important is that you face this fear so that you can take control of your life and start improving your health. Good luck! I hope you feel better soon!

Dr. Galera
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Multiple myeloma deposits can occur in any bone due to hematogenous spread and cause pain, swelling or at times "pathological fracture" of the involved bone.
I suggest you to consult an orthosurgeon and get a detailed evaluation done.
Hope this helps
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor