Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have lump in arm. Had a burn wound there. Using band-aid. Painful and liquid oozes out. What to do?

I have a bad burn on my arm. I work in food service so chose to cover it up with a band-aid while there. After taking the band-aid off, a little while later I noticed a bump on my arm. It resembled a pimple that had come to a head, but it did not pop like one. Instead, it became painful, began oozing only clear liquid (nothing else, no white, no blood) and instead of deflating, remains a tiny lump (no matter how much clear liquid I drain from it). Is this anything to worry about? I am 31, 5'5'', 130 pounds, and have no prior or existing medical conditions that I know of.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi,the burn looks like a second degree burn.The ideal way to treat such burn is to carefully pour normal tap water over it and keep the area open.The bump you are describing is a blister which was formed due to the burn.The blister was painful because the burn was deep into the nerve tissue.The oozing is due to a sterile fluid called serum which persists till new skin is formed over the burnt area.My advice to you is to keep the area open.DO NOT drain the area.This will lead to secondary infection.If the blister breaks you can use Mupirocin ointment twice daily for a week.Thankyou.
Answered: Fri, 31 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor