Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have low sperm count, wife have PCOD. Done operation for variculosise. Will it increase sperm count?

doctor we have been married for 3 years now. my wife is having PCODS, and i m having very low sperm count .I have done 6 times IUI and nothing has happened till now.Recently i m being operated for variculosise on right and left side on my stomach .doct can u plz help me whether this is a right operation to increase the sperm count
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Infertility Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

The surgery for varicocele will not improve sperm count to great extent.
Please repeat the semen analysis after 3 months to check for improvement.

In you case I would suggest you to go ahead with IVF procedure.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.


Dr.Mahesh Koregol

IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Answered: Fri, 30 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor