Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have lordosis. Lower back protrudes inward, have abdominal protrusion. What can be done?

What do I do or where do I go to have my back checked for lordosis? I have had problems with my hips being off for awhile and my shoulders droop. My chiropractor doesn t seem to help much. My lower back protrudes inward and my butt sticks out when I walk. I also have abdominal protrusion that doesn t seem to help with exercise. Not sure what to do or where to go.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  156
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Lordosis is most commonly seen in women in the late stage of pregnancy as they lean backwards to support the weight of the baby.
Kyphosis is defined as rounding of the back which results in a dropping or slouching of the shoulders, this is possibly what you are describing.

It would be best to consult an orthopedic surgeon regarding any problems related to your vertebra, he or she would be able to recommend the best course of action.

In terms of the abdomen, only 3% of persons can lose weight by exercise alone. It is easier to lose weight by modifying your diet.
The 2 main options are a low fat, low calorie diet or a low carb diet.
You can decide which you prefer and adopt it.

I hope this helps
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor