Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Have liver cirrhosis. Abnormal kidney parameters. Do not want dialysis. Any medicine available?

Liver cirrhosis patient since 2008 under medication and now the parameter of liver is ok. However, parameter of kidney is very abnormal. my BUN is 152mg/dl and creatinine is 6.28 mg/dl. My nephrologist is pressing for dialysis procedure. But I want to avoid the same. Kindly intimate if any medicine available to correct the parameter
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
BUN of 152 and creatinine of 6.2 indicate a severe degree of renal failure.
At this point the consultanat nephrologist is the best person to decide about dialysis and from the above labs it appears to be the preferred choice at this moment.
You need to speak to your doctor and he can review your other lab parameters. These can help us determine if the dialysis is going to be termporary or permanent. Also he can look for any reversible cause which might be treated with medicines.
Hope this helps
Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor