Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Have large abdomen, not obese. Is there any treatment to get it repaired?

Hello, Dr. Narasi, I have what i consider a large abdomen , i am not obese i just have an obese abdomen (looks like i am pregnant. ) I am 53 i have a seperated stomach muscles ( large lump in center of abdomen) should i consider getting this repaired? and can they do this laprascopically ? I am self conscious about it and is not very attractive. i have had a normal endoscopy 3 yrs ago no findings. and colonscopy cleared for 10yrs. I would like to begin excercising but am afraid it will damage more of the stomach muscles. any suggestions. no alcohol but i do smoke and just began the chantix program. had recent labs and they were excellent. thyroid cholesterol etc all normal ... appreciate your time
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From history it seems that you might be having umbilical hernia giving rise to lump in center of abdomen.
There is also a possibility of having lax abdominal musculature.
Do abdominal recti muscle exercise daily.
Avoid constipation.
Consult surgeon and rule out umbilical hernia.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor