Have klebsiella pneumoniae. Is there any treatment or medicine to get cured?

I have Klebsielle pneunomia that I have been fighting for a year now. I contraracted it during an adrinal gland with a pheochromacytoma in it was removed. It is draining me. It gets down low where the tests come back ok, i go off the picc line or various oral antibiotic , and it comes back. I am fearful because I also have MS; thus, my immune system is getting more and more compromised fighting this off for a year. What is the liklihood of my prognosis . Will I deal with this the rest of my life?
Mon, 15 Jul 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

As you have mentioned that you are suffering from MS, there is possibility of the heart valves being involved.
Diseased or abnormal heart valves can be affected by infective endocarditis in the presence of an infectious focus in the body (pneumonia).
A culture sensitivity of the sputum (if cough is productive) or induction of sputum needs to be done.
It is quite possible that the the strain of kleibsella has acquired resistance to common antibiotics since, the infection seems to be hospital acquired.
Besides medication, nutritional supplements like proteins need to be taken for building up good immune system.
Aerobic exercises also help in improving the immunity.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal