Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have kidney stones in right kidney. What food and medication should I take?

Good morning doctors. my name is anand i am 25 years old male i am suffering with Kidney stones . Areas noted in lower pole of right kidney measuring 5.8 mm and upper pole of right kidney measuring 5.3 mm. so i consulted doctor he said that both stones are in right kidney but these stones are not in urine bladder they are located in kidney. so now i am panic what to do, sir please suggest me what kind of medicine i should take and what kind of food i should take. Regards, A.Anand kumar.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Mr. ANAND KUMAR , the kidney stones are the excess of mineral in body which are excreted out via kidney , but due to less water the become stone/crystal instead of a solution which normally should occur.

The stone in your case can be because of 1) drinking less water, or 2) water in your locality has lot of minerals in it (hard water), 3) systemic calcium disorder or 4) taking minerals rich food in excess.

The stone formation occurs in kidney usually and that where ur stone currently is located according to ur doctor.
Their are different recommendation depending upon the state u live as will as the doctor u see, but normally most of doctors agree that that stone smaller then 4mm/.4cm can be passed in urine, with some pain while urinating,

1) FOR STONE TO PASS VIA urine u have to drink a lot of water, and if u are in the zone on hard water , please drink the mineral water available in market, and it will help you to pass the stone.

2) shock wave lithotrypsy is a method where a wave is send to ur kidney so that the stone shatters in will be easy for kidney to pass in urine, (its like glass shattering with vocal frequency/music) But for this it depends upon the urologists recommendation.

BUT The best advices is to start drinking a lot of water, what will flush ur kidney (as u have seen how the waste is flushed in the commode with water pressure.)

Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor