Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Have keloid on face. Shall i go for TAC injections or ayurvedic or homeopathy treatment?

i have keloid on the Face , growing since last 6 months. shall i go for the TAC injections or shall i look for some other treatment in Ayurvada or homeyopathy ???
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
Keloids are best treated by triamcinolone injections in proper dose and strength. I suggest you to meet a proper dermatologist who can judge the exact concentration of the triamcinolone injections to be given to your keloid area. Rest ayurvedic or homeopathy treatment do not affect much in keloids but you can worth try it under safer limits.
Answered: Wed, 20 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Geetika Paul's  Response

Keloids can be managed by various treatment options.
We can give intralesional steroid injection which is a procedure used since long for the management of keloids over face. Even other treatment options like cryotherapy can be used.
So you should not worry so much about this skin condition.
I am sure that if you consult a trained dermatologist, it will help you in dealing with this problem better than seeking advise from ayurveda or homeopath.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Wed, 20 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor