Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have itchy scalp psoriasis. Spreading in leg, ear, hand and stomach. Used shampoo with salicylic acid. What treatment can I take?

Dear sir, I have scalp psoriasis last 5 years.It is started in head now also in my leg as well ear, hand stomac all.And also some time icthing. wherever icthing that place became red color. I tried coal tar shampoo as well salycylic acid but that time was going after that again coming. What to do I don t know. Please advice to me, C.CHAKKARAVARTHY
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hello Mr Chakkaravarthy

You need to consult a dermatologist so that you can be put on proper treatment like topical steroids, calcipotriol, or systemic methotrexate/ retinoids depending on the clinical condition
May be you require NB UVB treatment as well. There are various modalities of treatment which can only be decided after examining you.

Hope it helps
Dr.R.P. Gupta
Answered: Tue, 3 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor