Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Have itchy rash in groin area and thighs. Solution?

I have itchy skin rash in the groin area near my underwear edge. it gets wet sometimes near the edges of my undies.. but it has spread to my thighs also and the edges on the thighs seem to be reddish with loosing scales... it itches a lot... what can be the cause of this and what can be the solution? I am applying dettol liquid and soframycin but they dont seem to give any effect..
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  242
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
From your history it seems that you are having fungal infection in groin.
Apply anti fungal cream like multifungin.
Take oral anti fungal medicine, Flucanozole 150 mg once in a week for 4 weeks.
Keep local part dry, healthy and airy.
You may take Cetrizine as and when require for itching.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor