Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have itchy labia. Not cured by medicine. Should I be worried for cancer?

hi i cant write english not well but on september my labia got really ichy and i went family physician he thought i had urion infection gave me medecian and i used sevearal cream but it got better and i still have iechy not really worse yesterday when i put the mirror and see my labia around is white and when i thouch is somting same as bumpy, i am really worry that is cancer?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello, they are many reasons for your labia to get itchy,
one is the hygiene of your labia if it is not good you are prone to itch.
second is do you have a vaginal discharge accompanying the itch if yes we need to find out whether it is bacterial or fungal
third what soap do you use to bathe with, dryness can cause itchiness
fourth wearing tight undergarments can cause you to sweat leading to friction and itchiness and an area for organism to grow.
fifth - periods can make ur labia itch due to hormonal imbalance
a small bump on the vagina cant be called cancer, i would suggest get yourself checked with a gynecologist for check up and the right treatment.
hope to have answered your query
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Geriatrics Specialist Dr. Surendiran Gaj's  Response
hi there
am dr.surendiran
nice to meet you here in HCMagic
NOTHING to worry ,i understand you completely
The bump ,you mentioned ,would be a boil or cyst, in order to prevent further spread of the infection.
Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap ,that help to relieve your pain. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a gynecologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
hope helped your query
regards dr.surendiran hcmagic
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor