Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Have itching, clotting. Had unprotected sex. Help?

Good evening I had unprotected sex with a guy a week ago. He never comes inside me, but I know the implications of that too. I have been itching horribly, and randomly for the past 4 days. I just took a bath and discovered white tissue like clots in my discharge . I texted the guy and he hasn t replied. I am scared to actually go to a doctor asy parents health caare aid. Please help, what could this be?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.

Itching and white discharge after history of unprotected sex suggest it is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) more likely vaginal candiadisis or urethritis.

Other STI that can be considered are :
Non-gonococcal urethritis

Also get tested for other STIs like HIV,HBV,HCV and Syphilis for safety purpose in future though they do not present with such symptoms.

Get a Gynacologist opinion for clinical examination and vaginal swab for KOH mount,Gram staining and Culture sensitivity.

Vaginal candidiasis is treated with antifungal medications like fluconazol,clotrimazol,itraconazol. Several are available in the form of creams, suppositories and tablets that can be placed directly in the vagina.

Hope this could help you.

Wish you good health.
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Unprotected sex is always associated with this type of health problems.

Severe itching, white discharge with white clots are looking like infections with Trichomoniasis.

But at the same time other sexually transmitted diseases also to be screened with appropriate investigations.

In Trichomoniasis, the male partner will be asymtomatic and the girls will develop symptoms due to the disease.

So both partners shpould be treated simultaneously to erradicate the complete infection.

The vaginal discharge and the swab to be sent for investigations.

Therefore I advise you to consult the doctor for examination, investigations, and for the treatment.

And always better to have protected sex with the use of condoms as it will protect from diseases and from the unplanned pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor