Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Have itchiness inside labia and skin breaks down in one spot. Treatment?

I have this intense itch inside my labia just above my clitoris. It s been going on for a week or so. It got so bad to the point that I had bought some vagisil to help and it does but I find that if I m not putting the cream on the uncomfortable itch comes back. Sometimes I itch so much that I have skin breakdown in one specific spot.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
you may have fungal infection or intertrigo due to friction or moisture
you need to apply clotrimazole cream over it
take antihistaminic tablet for itching and antifungal-fluconazole 150 once a wk
drink more water and keep the area dry and clean
keep the area dry and clean
better to consult dermatologist if problem persist
i hope i answered your question
Answered: Wed, 6 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor