Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Have irregular periods, swollen tummy and frequent urination. Cause?

Hi, i am 32, i have had regular periods since the age of 14 but they have become very irregular and i have recently missed one and my latest lasted only a day. i sometimes suffer from a swollen tummy making me look around 5 months pregnant, it is painful and obviously uncomfortable and rather embarassing. i at times am also needed to unrinate nore frequently, i recently took my children on a day trip and on the 1h 45m trip there i had to stop at service stations 3 times, i had only had 1 cup of tea that morining and unrinated before leaving home.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for consulting HCM . The first thing you need to do is that you have to consult a gynecologist and you need to be investigated.At your age some may develop pre menopause symptoms which rare for your age but some will get the symptoms too early.Coming to the swollen tummy you need to have a scan so that we can figure it out.In some people H.mole develops in which they have symptoms like pregnancy but you can rule out by doing a scan .Hcg levels may also be increased and due to that it may compress your bladder and you have symptoms like frequent urination.And you need to checck your sugar levels too due to the symptom of frequent urination.But among all usg scan is necessary.Thank you.If you still have more doubts you can contact me here at any time.
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M . Forum.
May be due to P C O S ( Poly Cystic Ovarian Disorder ) .
Scanty menstruation, obese, tummy enlarged, frequent urination all are an indication of ovarian cyst.
2nd reason may be due to URINARY INFECTION.
may be due to diabetes.
Consult a gynaecologist / physician and get ultrasound abdomen and blood examination .
Hope I have answered your question .
If further any question I will help.
Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor