Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have irregular periods, anemia. Ultrasound clear. Cause?

, Hi, I am a female and 23 years old.I am single and I have a problem that my menstruation cycle is not proper.I have periods twice a month.I am really worried.I am also suffering from anaemia ,but now my haemoglobin is a little more than normal.I am having medication for anaemia.But the periods twice in a month has made my life a mess.I just hate living.Plz guide me what I should do.I had an ultrasound last year and my report was clear.My ovaries, uterus and kidneys are perfectly fine.What can be the cause of this irregularity.There is a problem with me that I take a lot of stress and tension even over trivial matters.Especialy my studies keep me under great stress.Plz guide Regards, Sawerah
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Sawerah,
thanks for using health care magic

Normal menstrual cycle lasts from 21days to 35 days and menses normally flows from 2 to 7 days. Cycles less than 21 days or longer than 35 days are considered abnormal. More so, cycles with abundant menstrual flow or lasting more 7days are abnormal. The duration of each cycle is usually more or less constant but it is possible to have variations of a few days such as having menses two days before expected or having menses three days after expected date. Large variations say in five days or a week could be possible and considered normal if it happens once and not repeatedly.
It is possible to have one's menses twice a month in which case the cycle lasts less than 30 days and is regular. Heavy bleeding is possible and described as menorrhagia and is particular with some individuals normally or attributed to a cause with the resulting consequence of anemia. When this is the case (anemia), oral contraceptives might be considered in a bit to reduce menstrual flow.
As concerns the stress, it sounds more of a habit and a personal will to get over it will greatly help you.
You might consider visiting a gynecologist for detail history and evaluation.
Best regards
Dr Achuo
Answered: Mon, 1 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor